Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Fall Tradition

It's that time of year again ... we load up and take a scenic drive to Coloma to visit Jollay Orchards. This is our third year, and the kids love it! Our first stop is the diner in town though ...Corey and I have our favorite liver and onions (which is why he fell in love with me) and the kiddos usually split the chicken fingers. They're awarded with a special treat - quarters to get something out of the 'junk' machines ... Isaac's prize was very amusing this year (as you'll see as you scroll down). Then it's off to the farm. Hayrides, apple picking, fishing pond, haunted house, corn maze, pumpkin patch, hot apple cider, puppet shows, petting zoo ... you name it - we do it ... twice!
This morning, I have to admit ... I wasn't feeling it. Staying home sounded like a much better idea ... what was I thinking? It's a tradition. That means every year - no matter what - we go. I'm so glad we did ... and I'm so glad we do. Just the four of us - an afternoon of laughing, smiling ... no tv, no phone ... just us. Memories for the kids, and hopefully something that they carry on some day. And when they're grown and gone ... Corey and I will still be driving up to Coloma every October ... because that's what a tradition is all about!


              
  
               
                           


      the end to another great day ... and many more to come!


No comments: