Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Let's Hear it For the Boys :)

I bet you're singing the song now, right?  That's the theme of this week's photo challenge from I Heart Faces ... and as soon as I read the title, I can't get Deniece William's hit out of my head!  I had a handful of images I was trying to narrow down {a new dad with his baby boy, a group of handsome groomsmen, my husband's softball buddies in action}... and then decided to go with the one below; from some personal photos of mine. My son recently turned six ... and he couldn't have a 'cowboy birthday party' without dressing like a cowboy himself. He's got it from the hat down to the boots, with a real belt buckle wrapped around his little wranglers ... I don't know that I've ever seen a more handsome cowboy actually ;)  He holds the title of "Sheep Riding Champion" at last year's rodeo ... which is only fitting since one of his favorite movies is 8 Seconds. And he's made it quite clear now that he's six, he no longer wears disney character undies and the spiderman decor in his bedroom has to go ... he's a big boy now :)  It's hard to believe that he 'graduated' Kindergarten this year and is growing up faster and faster every day. He's my youngest; my natural born athlete, my snuggler, my helper; my smart, happy, silly little man with a heart of gold as big as the moon.  A smile that can brighten anyone's day ... let's hear it for my boy!!!

Others have entered some great interpretations of the theme as well ... go check them out here

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I love this picture! Captures every little boy who wants to be a cowboy.

gina sandrzyk said...

love the excitement in his eyes!

MPE by Irela said...

Awwwwwwwwww.....great shot.